Monday, January 21, 2008

Nokia N810


I originally owned the Nokia 770 and I loved the device. Being able to surf the web on a couch was the greatest feeling. I even ran a website just because I liked the device so much. It was the first time I was really able to web surf without a full computer. Palm pilots just never had enough power. As much as I loved it, I had to sell it about 6 months ago. I was having issues paying my mortgage and gadgets were the first things to go. I also sold my Samsung Q1.

The Nokia did have quite a few flaws. It didn't have an ereader client, which I consider to be the killer app fro me. The Nokia didn't support Flash so I couldn't watch youtube. The memory was so limited that I couldn't go to the website digg.com. I eventually bought the Samsung Q1 and just stopped using the Nokia all together.

Then came the third generation of the Nokia call the 810. The device looks so beautiful. The new keyboard puts this device in a whole new league. Several of my issues have been fixed. I can now watch youtube and I heard people can surf digg. Ereader can be installed with the new Palm emulator. So right now I want either a Nokia 810 or an Eeepc. But I think I might wait cause it sounds like the Eeepcs are going to get some significant upgrades in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi bro,

if you dont mind,

can u show me how to make n810 work with ;USB to ethernet' =

http://images3.souq.com/uploaded/110311/09a53ba93e5d586dcce380f24f25d995_56213712901271400362.jpg

any help really appreciated