Saturday, March 15, 2008

Gigabyte


I really love the design of the Gigabyte UMPCs. The Gigabyte M704 is pretty much my ideal UMPC. It has a sliding keyboard and can operate with it closed. The screen has a nice 1024x600 screen so I don't have to scroll sideways when I surf. It also means less issues running programs that don't fit on the 800x600 screen of my old Samsung Q1. When I do get a new UMPC the decision will be between this one and the Samsung Q1. I just wonder what the price of the Gigabyte M704 will be.



Next we have the Gigabyte M700 which has no keyboard but does have integrated 3g for easy access to the internet. If I didn't want a keyboard I would go for this device. It does have a nice 1024x600 screen also. I wonder how the pricing will compare to the M704.


Last we have the Nokia n810 competitior the Gigabyte M528 which is an awsome device. UMPC portal and JKK have some great videos and pics of this device. It has a 4.8-inch 800x480 screen which is larger than the 4.13-inch 800x480 Nokia n810 screen. I have read that the keyboard is even better than the Nokia. The Gigabyte M528 also has specs closer to a umpc. It has 512MB of RAM and a 4GB SSD which blows away the Nokia. It also runs Ubuntu Mobile which seems to be favored over the Maemo platform. It seems we have the first device that might be able to take down the Nokia n810 platform. If they can price it close to the Nokia then we might see a brutal fight on our hands.

No comments: